USA to Europe Kick Start Pack
Exporting to the European Union (EU) is a great opportunity for American companies during the current economic recession, especially when considering the exchange rate of the US dollar versus the Euro.
If you consider exporting machines to the EU, you may face the question: ďHas it to be CE-marked?Ē The answer is: ďYes, and it may also need to be Explosion Proof, or it may be considered to be a Pressure vessel etcĒ.
If you donít know how to do that, Amsterdam Industrial Design bv can help you out.
We are engineers with a wealth of CE experience, able to answer most questions and give practical engineering help if needed.
What is CE about?
CE is law. Before a product can be put into the European market, it has to comply to CE. It is mainly a self-marking process. If you follow the rules as outlined in the Directives, in many cases you will be able to successfully CE-mark your product.
However, the steps you have to take in order to comply often require a lot of work and even more if you donít exactly know what you are doing. It can be a very costly business.
Regularly new Directives and amendments are introduced. By the end of this year a new Machinery Directive comes into force. You need to prepare for that.
There are Directives relating to:
- recreational crafts
- equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- pressure equipment
- simple pressure vessels
- electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits
- construction products
- electromagnetic compatibility
- personal protective equipment
- non-automatic weighing instruments
- active implantable medical devices
- appliances burning gaseous fuels
- the placing on the market and supervision of explosives for civil uses
- medical devices
- in vitro diagnostic medical devices
- radio equipment and telecommunications terminal equipment and the mutual recognition of their conformity
- cableway installations designed to carry persons
- measuring instruments
Amsterdam Industrial Design bv is usually able to drive costs down and make you understand what this is about quickly.
What does Amsterdam Industrial Design bv offer?
For $1575* incl. TAX per product, we offer the USA to Europe Kick Start Package, comprising the following services:
- *A special offer may apply; ask for details.
- Advising the manufacturer about risk assessments, technical construction files and markings
- Advising the manufacturer what Directives are applicable
- Advising the manufacturer what standards are applicable
- A review of the manufacturerís documentation
- Answering the manufacturerís CE questions and providing guidance towards solutions
- Any further CE explanation to help the manufacturer understand the Directives and what steps are needed to obtain the CE marking
- Preventing the manufacturer from spending fortunes on consultants
How does it work?
- Send us your details by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), and ask for our details. Make sure to tell us who is the contact person in your company. You will always be dealing with the same engineer on our end.
- We will send you a quotation and our USA2EU terms and conditions. They have to be agreed and signed upon by you.
- You send us the details of the product you would like us to review, together with any documentation like userís manuals, brochures etc.
- Weíll send you an invoice
- Pay us US$ 1575 incl. TAX by bank.
- You also may send us a cheque for US$ 1600 incl. TAX by i.e. DHL. You will pay a surcharge per cheque of US$ 25 due to banking costs.
- In the mean time we may have some additional questions, so we wonít have the payment standing in our way to already preparing some answers.
Please note the following.
- We use the benefits of the Internet. Please send us all your documentation and questions per e-mail or www.yousendit.com. We may ask for further information by e-mail as well.
- Pls. donít call us. We are dealing with a time difference between 6 and 10 hours, so we wonít pick up the phone in many cases. Allow us to contact you by phone if needed, or arrange a phone call by e-mail appointment.
- You can always pay us a visit, but on appointment only.
How can I be sure I get the answers I am looking for?
You canít be. We will mainly guide you into a direction. This may involve more work for you to do. You may involve us in this; as we are specializing in risk-assessments, technical documentation and engineering matters in general. CE is unfortunately not for free, but it is mandatory for many things.
You donít have to involve us in this. There is no obligation to do that.
Our guaranty is that we will take you seriously and help you as much as possible. We are a member of the Chamber of Commerce in Breda (www.kvk.nl), The Netherlands, number 20117658. Our terms and conditions are submitted there as well.
What donít I get?
- We donít issue any formal approvals or certificates. We may be able to help you to get this if that is needed (e.g. certain pressure vessels). CE is in many cases a self-marking process.
- You donít get all answers. Usually there is too much going on for you to resolve all issues in one go.
- You donít get someone to take the blame when something doesnít go well with your product, because as a manufacturer you will always be entirely responsible.
- We will not import your products into the EU. You need an importer to do so. We are happy to help setting you up with organizations who may help you with that.
But what do I get?
- This offer includes 2 days worth of work.
- You will get guidance in how to deal with CE.
- You get a feel of what is involved with CE.
- You will get a copy of the appropriate Directives.
- We will select what Standards may be applicable and get you copies if needed.
- You are dealing with an expert company who has dealt with this many times, for many companies; you will experience that we know what we are talking about.
- You will get value for money.
- And maybe we can be of any further help with regard to documentation, risk assessments, technical construction files.
- You will deal with engineers who talk English and understand American businesses.
- And if we canít help you because your products are not within our expertise, we will look for assistance in order to help you.